Classes and Courses
The Chair of Criminology at RUB is established with the Faculty of Law, which is one of the largest in Germany. The subject of criminology is represented by two chairs cooperating closely with the Department of Social Sciences. Both chairs and their more than two dozen research fellows, assistants and lecturers are, among other things, implementing several third-party funded research projects and continually working on various publication projects. They teach students of the Law School as well as of other faculties on the subjects of criminology, juvenile criminal law, the law of sentencing, and penitentiary law. Furthermore, we are proud to offer our own degree program: the master’s course in criminology, criminalistics and police science.
For law students on the track for the first state examination (“Erste Prüfung”) can attend the criminology lecture as basic subject (“Grundlagenfach”). The other classes are mostly part of the specialization module (“Schwerpunktbereich”) in criminal procedure, criminal defense and criminology (“Strafprozess, Strafverteidigung und Kriminologie”) and can be attended accordingly. Students of other faculties and fields can attend the criminology lectures as minor or neighboring subjects or as add-on or extension module.
During the winter semester 2017/2018, the following classes are being offered. Further information can be found in the course catalogue.
- Criminology I („Kriminologie I“)
- Advanced Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure (Penal System and Rehabilitation) (SPB 7) („Vertiefung Strafrecht und Strafprozessrecht [Strafvollzug und Resozialisierung] mit VAK“)
- Advanced Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure (Methodology of Scientific Work) (SPB 7) („Vertiefung Strafrecht und Strafprozessrecht (Methodik wissenschaftlichen Arbeitens“)
- Seminar: Criminology (SPB 7) („Seminar zur Kriminologie“)
- Excellency Class Criminal Law („Exzellenzkurs im Strafrecht“)